Right now, the health of our customers and community has our utmost concern. Due to the COVID-19 virus and the concerns surrounding it, we want to share with you what we are doing for extra precautions in and around our small business at Wander North Georgia and Admiral Axe.
Independent and locally owned small businesses have already started feeling the effects of slower traffic and lower sales. As a small business, we rarely have extra cash sitting around. So our staff and employees directly feel the impact when we experience even simple things like rainy weekend days or snow days. Even more so during times of economic uncertainty, no matter how brief or temporary they might be. We want to emphasize how important it is that people all across America continue to consider supporting local businesses when and where they can year round, but particularly right now.
However, nothing is more important than the safety and health of our customers. Period. So for those of you who are planning on coming by Wander North Georgia or Admiral Axe, we have begun implementing some new and extended processes to ensure the health of our customers and employees. We are not panicking at all but want to make sure we use every bit of common sense we have to make sure we continue to deliver on amazing and safe customer experiences for y’all.
With that in mind . . .
- We have increased our cleaning and sanitization protocol throughout both locations, upstairs at Wander and downstairs at Admiral Axe.
- At Admiral Axe, every axe and axe throwing lane counter are being sanitized after each throwing session and before the next guests arrive.
- At both locations, our door handles, bathrooms, counters and stair railings, are being cleaned and sanitized at the top of every hour.
- At both locations, our point of sale system will be cleaned and sanitized every 10 minutes and we are encouraging every customer to use their check or credit cards at our customer facing point of sale system versus using cash.
- At Admiral Axe, we will have hand sanitizer available in every lane and hand soap available in the bathroom.
- At Wander, we will have hand sanitizer available at the counter, throughout the store, and hand soap available in bathrooms.
- We have implemented additional hand washing and sanitizing protocols for our staff.
- We ask that any customers that are sick with any flu-like symptoms to please stay home and refrain from coming to Wander North Georgia or Admiral Axe.
- For those who have reduced social activity, we encourage you to visit our online shop at www.wandernorthgeorgia.com where we’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and where every order comes with a hand written thank you from one of our owners.
- Our shipping charges have now been eliminated and shipping is FREE on all orders.
- Within a 15 mile radius of the store, we will offer free delivery within 48 hours of purchase. Just email or message us your order or what you’re looking for and we’ll take your order over the phone and deliver it to you within 48 hours.
- We will hand deliver any products or orders to your vehicle for curb-side pickup. Just email or message us your order or what you’re looking for and we’ll take your order over the phone and arrange a time for you to pick it up curb-side.
Our two small businesses will continue to be open regular hours unless something changes in our local community or we are advised by local or national governmental agencies. In the interim, we will continue to follow and abide by all health recommendations from the CDC and WHO.
We know that the news around what is happening now seems alarming but we want you to know that the safety and health of our customers and staff is our top priority. We firmly believe that we can and will get through this by being proactive and taking care of ourselves and each other. We’re all in this together!
As always, we are committed to providing a clean and safe environment centered around family friendly activities and shopping and are grateful that you choose to support our small businesses. Wishing all of our amazing customers good health!
We’d also like to thank the massive small business community across America who are out in front of this, being collaborative, and allowing us to borrow some of their best practices and ideas!