Free Priority Shipping On All Orders Over $75
We are currently hiring at our Clayton location for the role of part time hospitality. This position consists of 15-25 hours a week with shifts primarily concentrated around Fridays, Saturdays, & Sundays with the option to pick up additional shifts on weekdays. This position involves shifts at Wander North Georgia and Hullabaloo Books.
Be A Part Of Our Growing Family
We are committed to creating an environment that is as diverse and as interesting as our customers and we are proud as hell to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Wander North Georgia is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Starting pay is $15 an hour.
- Health Insurance is offered to all full time employees at a 70/30 split (70% employer funded)
- Optional discounted dental and vision plans for all employees
- Paid sick time (7 days for Full Time staff and 4 days for Part Time staff)
- Parental Leave (expecting mothers and fathers get 5 weeks of paid time off for Full Time staff and 2 weeks of paid time off for Part Time staff)
- Paid day off during your birthday week
- Paid voting leave
- Paid volunteer time
Wander North Georgia Responsibilities Include:
- Your primary responsibilities in this hospitality position will involve working in our retail store assisting at checkout, restocking products and engaging with our customers who are in the store shopping.
- Your goal is not to ring customers out and keep our store from burning down, although that’s an added bonus and we’ll certainly thank you for it. But your main focus is to turn strangers into friends and create relationships with our customers so that they become advocates and promoters of our small business and brand.
- Work in our retail store by engaging our customers, restocking product, answering questions for customers, and providing product information to shoppers.
- Build relationships with customers that create an environment where new and returning customers feel welcome.
- Serve as Wander North Georgia ambassadors by connecting customers to the other great small businesses in Clayton, Rabun County and the entire North Georgia region.
- Maintain visual standards in the store and make sure the store is always looking as good as the day we opened.
Why You’re Right For This Job:
- You love serving customers, meeting new people, and building community.
- You care about stories and the people and places that embody them.
- You are committed to making people feel comfortable in the Wander North Georgia store.
- You have a good feel for the area and are able to make thoughtful recommendations about other places to shop, eat, drink, stay, and play.
- You love engaging with people and using positivity to be engaging.
- You are a pro at multitasking and you are able to hold a conversation while performing a task.
- You can maintain attention to detail in a highly social environment.
- You know how to balance multiple demands simultaneously and can solve problems under pressure.
- You love what we’re doing at Wander North Georgia and you can personally get behind our values of Community, Conservation, People, and Marketing along with maintaining a high level of professionalism and a spirit of creativity.
- 17 years or older
- Passion for customer service and the Wander brand
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be located within 30 miles of Clayton, Georgia
- Hourly position; starting pay is $15 an hour
- Hours listed above
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays