Our employees are an extension of our family
We are not currently hiring. However, please feel free to fill out an application so that the next time we have an open position, we have your application on file.
- Your primary responsibilities in this hospitality position will involve working in our retail store assisting at checkout, restocking products and engaging with our customers who are in the store shopping.
- Your goal is not to ring customers out and keep our store from burning down, although that’s an added bonus and we’ll certainly thank you for it. But your main focus is to turn strangers into friends and create relationships with our customers so that they become advocates and promoters of our small business and brand.
- Work in our retail store by engaging our customers, restocking product, answering questions for customers, and providing product information to shoppers.
- Build relationships with customers that create an environment where new and returning customers feel welcome.
- Serve as Wander North Georgia ambassadors by connecting customers to the other small businesses of Clayton, Rabun County and the entire North Georgia region.
- Maintain visual standards in the store and make sure the store is always looking as good as the day we opened.
Why You’re Right For This Job:
- You love serving customers, meeting new people, and building community.
- You care about stories and the people and places that embody them.
- You are committed to making people feel comfortable in the Wander North Georgia store.
- You have a good feel for the area and are able to make thoughtful recommendations about other places to shop, eat, drink, stay, and play.
- You love engaging with people and use positivity to be engaging.
- You are a pro at multitasking and you are able to hold a conversation while performing a task.
- You can maintain attention to detail in a highly social environment.
- You know how to balance multiple demands simultaneously and can solve problems under pressure.
- You love what we’re doing at Wander North Georgia and you can personally get behind our values of Community, Conservation, People, and Marketing along with maintaining a high level of professionalism and a spirit of creativity.
- 18 years or older
- Passion for customer service and the Wander brand
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be located within 30 miles of Clayton, Georgia
- Hourly position; starting pay is $13 an hour
- 35-40 hours a week
- Must have open availability on weekends and during holidays and peak visitor seasons