We are currently hiring for both Wander North Georgia and Admiral Axe. Please read carefully below as there are two separate job descriptions and the hours and shifts are different for each position. Starting pay for both is $14 an hour.
Be A Part Of Our Growing Family
We are committed to creating an environment that is as diverse and as interesting as our customers and we are proud as hell to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Wander North Georgia is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Wander North Georgia is hiring for the position of Part Time Hospitality. This position will include 15-25 hours a week worth of shifts, typically 2-3 days each week. These shifts will include weekends and specifically Saturdays. You must have open availability on the weekends. This does not mean you will work every weekend day, but our schedule is heavily weighted towards the weekend and this position will include most Saturdays and seasonal holidays (i.e. Black Friday, holiday shopping, Fourth of July weekend, etcetera).
We are currently hiring for Admiral Axe. This position will include 25-30 hours a week worth of shifts. This position is a weekend only position and will include the following weekly shifts:
You must have availability every weekend for these time slots.
As a reminder, these are two different jobs. However you can read both job descriptions below and then apply with your information accordingly in the form above.
Wander North Georgia Responsibilities Include:
- Your primary responsibilities in this hospitality position will involve working in our retail store assisting at checkout, restocking products and engaging with our customers who are in the store shopping.
- Your goal is not to ring customers out and keep our store from burning down, although that’s an added bonus and we’ll certainly thank you for it. But your main focus is to turn strangers into friends and create relationships with our customers so that they become advocates and promoters of our small business and brand.
- Work in our retail store by engaging our customers, restocking product, answering questions for customers, and providing product information to shoppers.
- Build relationships with customers that create an environment where new and returning customers feel welcome.
- Serve as Wander North Georgia ambassadors by connecting customers to the other great small businesses in Clayton, Rabun County and the entire North Georgia region.
- Maintain visual standards in the store and make sure the store is always looking as good as the day we opened.
Admiral Axe Responsibilities Include:
- This position is for a Part Time “Axepert”.
- Your primary responsibilities in this “axepert” position will involve working at Admiral Axe assisting customers reserve their axe throwing lane, delivering safety orientations for new customers, providing complimentary tours of the space for customers interested in what we’re all about, and ringing out customers for any shirts, hats, stickers, food, and/or drinks
- Beyond these tasks, your main focus is to turn strangers into friends and create relationships with our customers so that they become advocates and promoters of our small business and brand
- Build relationships with customers that create an environment where new and returning axe throwers feel welcome and at home
Why You’re Right For This Job:
- You love serving customers, meeting new people, and building community.
- You care about stories and the people and places that embody them.
- You are committed to making people feel comfortable in the Wander North Georgia store.
- You have a good feel for the area and are able to make thoughtful recommendations about other places to shop, eat, drink, stay, and play.
- You love engaging with people and using positivity to be engaging.
- You are a pro at multitasking and you are able to hold a conversation while performing a task.
- You can maintain attention to detail in a highly social environment.
- You know how to balance multiple demands simultaneously and can solve problems under pressure.
- You love what we’re doing at Wander North Georgia and you can personally get behind our values of Community, Conservation, People, and Marketing along with maintaining a high level of professionalism and a spirit of creativity.
- 18 years or older
- Passion for customer service and the Wander brand
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be located within 30 miles of Clayton, Georgia
- Hourly position; starting pay is $14 an hour
- Hours listed above
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays